To Single Space or to Double Space? Also, Is It Important that I Make Art?

Goldie218

Hello all, I have two questions for you today.

Some background: I am a senior studying Art & Business applying for PhDs and Master's programs in Art History. I am also a visual artist and I have a not-too-shabby exhibition history. My exhibition history is on my CV because up until now, I've been using the document to apply for calls for art. Should I keep it on the version of my CV I'll be submitting to grad schools? I reference my art-making briefly in connection to my coursework in my SOPs. I'm just not sure if it will work for or against me on my CV. Does anyone have any related experience with this?

Also, I'm not finding specifications about whether my writing sample should be single or double-spaced. What's the standard practice for this?

TIA!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not very familiar with art history, but I do know graduate student in literary studies, who include creative writing publications on their CV. I would try to avoid spending much time talking about your production of art in your SOP, but I think it's fine to leave in on your CV to show your other pursuits and that you're a well-rounding applicant. I doubt it would make to much a difference, but it certainly shouldn't hurt you.