Short but Strong letter of rec

Hello Everyone,

I just received a LOR from a professor I really respect and enjoyed learning from and while the content of the LOR is quite kind and speaks to my strength as a student in his class, the letter is only 125 words long. I know that this is generally his style as he believes, most likely correctly, that being verbose for the sake of it does not make for strong writing, but I am wondering how typical this length is for LoRs? I also noticed a grammatical error in the LOR, but I do not know if that matters.  If it is a bit too short to be used should I seek out a different person or ask him to expand a bit? Very conflicted with how to proceed.

• 3 weeks later...

In general I've never seen my LORs and on the app page always waived the right to read the letters afterwards. My understanding is that a typical letter is one full page. When this happened to me (for a far less important thing I was applying to), similarly out of the recommender's own principle rather than how much he knew about me personally, I ended up asking someone else for a "full" letter. Is the professor (and his particular style) well-known or respected among others? Is this a field where people often appreciate creativity / deviation from the norm of academic "paperwork"? If not, I'd ask him to either expand it, or maybe add a line saying this is his thing - not sure if he'd feel comfortable with either.

Is this your most important letter / are your other LORs looking great? If you have other strong (and conventionally styled) letters from similarly/more relevant people, then this could be okay. I had one letter that was "pretty short" according to an interviewer who read it (I've never seen it myself); it was from a research-wise well respected professor who only taught me one class, and it was supposed to supplement a very strong, personalized letter from a junior faculty member I did 3+ yrs of research with. It turned out fine for me; in fact, the interviewer was talking positively about the fact that I got a letter from him, and only recalled that the letter was unusually short after I said something along the lines of "yeah I felt grateful, although he wasn't very responsive/timely in submitting the letter for me". 

Grammatical errors - probably fine unless very noticeable. The faculty reading these apps likely are reading them fast.