Solomon R. Guggenheim Summer Internship

mb38766z

Hi,

Has anyone who applied for the 2010 summer internship at the Solomon R. Guggenheim museum heard anything back yet? I've tried contacting them but they never get back to me!

Edited by mb38766z

I applied and haven't heard anything back either. Last year I was called for an interview in early March, so I assumed that since I haven't heard from them it's just a no. Most of the major museums just send a generic rejection email at some point but it can take months.

I got a phone interview from the department I applied last week. they said they will get back to me this week but I haven't hear back about anything yet. Anyone know if the decisions are going to be notified by email or mail? thanks!

• 1 month later...

I applied for fall, thinking it would be less competitive, and got a rejection email in early March (about a month after they said they would notify and after I sent them email to ask if I should have heard something). And, they wanted me to send them email to verify I had received my rejection email. Ugh. That's ok though, I got in the Courtauld.....definitely my first choice of all choices!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I just heard back from the department I applied to about an interview. I've already taken an internship elsewhere so I'll have to turn then down. But just FYI for people applying next year, do keep in mind how absurdly late the Guggenheim makes their decisions!

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't know if it's because of the postal mail application that nobody seems to have heard anything back.

Just a piece of information: I emailed the internship coordinator and got confirmed that interview requests are being sent out this week. So if we don't hear anything back at the end of this week, chances are that we are not a finalist!  Hope this helps other people. 

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...