Online Cacrep programs worth it?

BjjGuy

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of the CACREP online programs are legitimate and could easily lead to a career as a counselor/therapist. I would really like to become a mental health counselor/therapist at some point in my life but would like to continue working so I don't have to eat Ramen all the time. So the things I'm looking for most in a program are cost and online classes so I can keep earning a decent living while I eventually transition into becoming a counselor. Any such programs out there?

Hi! I have my Masters in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. I would suggest going to a program that has campus. Although, some online programs may be accredited, counseling is almost an art as much as it is a science. I would worry that without a lot of face-to-face with professors it could be hard to get the proper feedback on things like presence, body language, and non-verbals. Also, there are some programs that offer classes in the afternoon so that you can work while going. At the program I attended classes started at 5:00-7:00. But all of this is just my opinions. Best of luck!