Calculation of sub GPA

Hi forum!

Please forgive me if I am not posting this question in the correct place.

I am sure my question is not as difficult as my brain is making it out to be (application stress maybe?)

I want to calculate my sub GPA and I understand ORPAS does this based on the 10 most recent undergraduate courses. I am not confident in how I am calculating my sub GPA due to a course I took after I had graduated from my undergrad. Before I had taken this additional course calculating my sub GPA would have been as easy as using my final 2 semesters from 4th year (10 courses), if I am correct. I am unsure of how to calculate my sub GPA now that I have an additional course to my 10 from 4th year.

ORPAS says "Where course grades/lengths must be extracted from a full term to make up the 20 course grades/lengths required, the average of the next grouping/duration of ORPAS GPA values will be used"  I think I may be incorrect in my understanding of the instructions. The ORPAS instructions leads me to believe I need to:

- use the overall average from my first semester of 4th year

- use the  ORPAS GPA values from my 5 courses in my final semester of 4th year

- use the additional course I completed after graduating.

If anyone could help me figure this out I would really appreciate it. I feel I am making an easy calculation into a complicated one.

I don't really have an answer to your question but it was my understanding that ORPAS looked at the 10 most recent full/20 most recent half undergraduate courses, so that would include from both semesters from your 3rd and 4th year of your undergrad

1 hour ago, SLPhopefulll said:

I don't really have an answer to your question but it was my understanding that ORPAS looked at the 10 most recent full/20 most recent half undergraduate courses, so that would include from both semesters from your 3rd and 4th year of your undergrad

Thank you, thats right! I had originally calculated it like that but forgot about that today for some odd reason. 

I will be sure to change my question so that it is less convoluted.

2 hours ago, AintThatSpeechy said:

Hi forum!

Please forgive me if I am not posting this question in the correct place.

I am sure my question is not as difficult as my brain is making it out to be (application stress maybe?)

I want to calculate my sub GPA and I understand ORPAS does this based on the 10 most recent undergraduate courses. I am not confident in how I am calculating my sub GPA due to a course I took after I had graduated from my undergrad. Before I had taken this additional course calculating my sub GPA would have been as easy as using my final 2 semesters from 4th year (10 courses), if I am correct. I am unsure of how to calculate my sub GPA now that I have an additional course to my 10 from 4th year.

ORPAS says "Where course grades/lengths must be extracted from a full term to make up the 20 course grades/lengths required, the average of the next grouping/duration of ORPAS GPA values will be used"  I think I may be incorrect in my understanding of the instructions. The ORPAS instructions leads me to believe I need to:

- use the overall average from my first semester of 4th year

- use the  ORPAS GPA values from my 5 courses in my final semester of 4th year

- use the additional course I completed after graduating.

If anyone could help me figure this out I would really appreciate it. I feel I am making an easy calculation into a complicated one.

I apologize for how confusing my wording is :P 

I'm just confused with how to calculate my sub GPA when I have taken an additional course after graduating from my undergrad.

• 2 weeks later...

@AintThatSpeechy I interpreted the ORPAS sub-gpa calculation as the last 20 half unit/10 full unit grades no matter the years. No matter if you took courses after your undergrad, as long as those courses are not graduate level or college level (or any other restrictions), it is included in your new sub-gpa. Consequently, I believe that one of your courses from 3rd year 'drops out' of the sub-gpa calculation. To decide which one gets pushed out, I followed the order that appears on my transcript (I'm not sure if that is what ORPAS does, though!). So for me, I took 3 courses post-undergraduate at another university. Those three courses got added into my sub-gpa, and three courses I took in 3rd year got removed from the calculation.

Sorry my explanation is a big confusing, but hope this helps?