Graduate Institute of Geneva (IHEID) Master in International Economics admission rate?

earthtreks

I can't find anything online about how competitive this particular program is. I thought it would be fairly competitive (but not as competitive as a top 10 economics program). However, their website (https://graduateinstitute.ch/academic-departments/international-economics) says they admit 20 candidates a year.

Isn't that insanely low? Assuming they get ~500 applications (I made this number up, but it sounds fair), the admission rate would be lower than those of top 10 econ programs worldwide. 

• 3 weeks later...

I am thinking about applying for IHEID in IE for next year. I work at research institute, and one of my collegue is from IHEID... she said that the competition rate is very high, however it is worth taking risks and spending two year for master. Two grad of Ph.D of IE were employed in research institute (permanent workers) which is funded by the government of Korea. The employability is fairly good for Korean data. It is beyond my expectation.