Brown vs New York University (NYU)

bouncmpe

Hi all. I was admitted to Brown MS CS one month ago and I had almost finalized my decision on Brown. I was going to accept their offer this week. However, yesterday I received an admit from NYU MS CS and this admit complicated things. I am admitted to CS in both universities but I also want to take Applied Math courses on Finance subjects and NYU Courant Institute seems to be the best Applied Math department at US. It offers great Financial courses such as Risk and Portfolio Management etc. It is also located at the heart of Manhattan, very close to the Wall Street. I am sure it has great industrial connections as well. These are very important points for me since I won't go for a PhD after MS. Instead I would like to have a job, and I am seriously considering switching to Finance. That's why I care about the Applied Math department and Wall Street. I am really confused now. Does taking Finance courses from NYU Courant help me to find a good Finance job even if I graduate from MS CS? Is there a similar option at Brown? What do you advise me to do? Any opinion will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance..

I doubt that taking a few finance courses will greatly affect your ability to get a job in finance, as that industry hires just about anyone with good quantitative skills (be sure to take algorithms, etc if you are getting a CS degree).