Getting into an Economics program with an International Affairs background?

earthtreks

Hi, I really want to pivot into economics but I'm worried I don't meet the entry requirements for any good programs. I went to a top IR school and took the following courses: Micro I, Macro I, Calc I, Stat I, and Int'l Econ. 

These don't seem to meet the minimum requirements for any of the programs I've looked at. I did notice that McGill offers a "Qualifying Year" for those that don't have the economics/quant background, which is awesome. Does anyone know of other programs like this that offer a transition year/semester?

• 4 weeks later...

Not at all qualified to speak on this, but are you sure that you know what you are getting into? Not to suggest you are not capable, more that you have not taken any higher level math classes and those are the basis of an Economics graduate degree. That being said there are certainly options, if you can find a terminal masters program they usually have lower standards of admission. At the very least a course in Linear Algebra of multivariate calculus might be necessary.