HELP! Art History Grad Schools- are these totally unrealistic? Also tips for research interests in SOP

Arthistoryiscool

I received a BFA in 2014 from a good school and am starting to apply to grad schools for art history, however I am afraid that I am applying to too many (esp in regards to asking my letter of rec writers to submit to so many schools) and don't want to waste my time if it is extremely unlikely that I would get in to these places. I have a 3.52 GPA, but I have a few transfer credits from my freshman year where I got all C's at another school (not being challenged enough so lost motivation and did not attend class even though otherwise my grades would have been good, also was super depressed) I pleam planning to take the GRE in a couple weeks and based on my practice tests I will probably do okay, but not fantastic. I am applying to some schools that don't require the GRE in the event I totally bomb. I took 7 art history courses but did not do the official minor. I have some museum/gallery volunteer experience and experience working at different art institutions.

I am applying to masters programs at: Williams, UChicago, SAIC, SCAD, Bard, Hunter, U Washington, Courtauld Institute of Art, American College of the Mediterranean, Studio Arts College International, University of Glasgow

but I am also tempted to apply to a few phD programs, specifically: Yale, Stanford, UC Berkley

Give it to me straight, are these unrealistic? I can't find any real stats on accepted students' grades, if they already had a masters etc...also have multiple research interests and am having trouble with my statement because I don't want to seem like I don't have direction, but I also don't want to pigeon hole myself.... anyways any feedback is appreciated

Also is it crazy to apply to some international schools that may not be prestigious?

Edited by Arthistoryiscool
specify program