High GPA in Master's Program, but Low GRE Scores

indorichai

Hey everyone, 

I am applying to a Ph.D. program in educational policy at a non-Ivy League school. I have always done horrible on standardized tests and I took the test for the second time today and did awful. The first time I took it was in September where I made a 147 in verbal and a 155 in quant with a 4.0 AWA. Today I made a 147 in quant (I have no idea how that happened) and 151 in verbal. I do have a 3.96 GPA from Florida State University where I did my MS in education. I also think I'll have some pretty strong LOR. I'm currently a high school science teacher and I have been teaching for four years. I'm hoping that the letters will pull me up from these low GRE scores. It's too late for me to take the GRE for the 3rd time, so I'm just hoping that I'll get accepted regardless of my scores. What do you all think? 

I'll send anyone virtual brownies for any piece of advice! Is it possible to retake the GRE after submitting your application? Should I be worried about my scores considering that I'm applying to a Ph.D. program at a non-Ivy League school?