Re-applying to a program that I was already accepted to

presidentialpudding

Hello, 

I am planning on re-appying to a PhD program which I was previously accepted onto. I ended up deferring my place for medical reasons and was unable to take the place for the same medical reasons. I am now able to re-apply for the program and they are allowing me to complete an abridged application (no letters of recommendation, no external application information) since I have already completed this information previously - I also did my MA at the same institution. They have asked for an updated statement of purpose, resume and writing sample. It's been several years since the original application. 

My feeling is that I am likely to be accepted again onto the program but I don't want to get my hopes up. Has anyone else ever heard of a similar scenario and the outcome? Or similarly, how would you view completing this application and the likelihood of being accepted onto the program?

Thanks.