Structuring a Statement of Grant Purpose for Fulbright

Hello, everyone!

I have decided that I will be applying to a Fulbright during the next cycle, specifically for an award to get a PhD. As such, I will need to apply to the school as well as the general Fulbright. The school to which I am applying requires a research proposal. For my statement of grant purpose, what should I include? How should I structure it?

Have you checked with your MA supervisor (or another professor in your department)? I'm currently working on a research proposal for a grant application and my supervisor has been incredibly helpful with reading my drafts and offering advice. We also have one professor who is in charge of grants (kind of like a grant coordinator, I guess) and they have also been so helpful to everyone in terms of general advice and also giving specific advice based on our drafts. 

It's also been really helpful talking with other students who have successfully applied for this particular grant -- they've all been very kind and generous with offering their advice as well. 

17 hours ago, underthewaves said:

Have you checked with your MA supervisor (or another professor in your department)? I'm currently working on a research proposal for a grant application and my supervisor has been incredibly helpful with reading my drafts and offering advice. We also have one professor who is in charge of grants (kind of like a grant coordinator, I guess) and they have also been so helpful to everyone in terms of general advice and also giving specific advice based on our drafts. 

It's also been really helpful talking with other students who have successfully applied for this particular grant -- they've all been very kind and generous with offering their advice as well. 

Sorry, just want to clarify that this isn't the kind of grant that you're thinking of! 

On 11/29/2019 at 12:08 PM, historygeek said:

Sorry, just want to clarify that this isn't the kind of grant that you're thinking of! 

Sorry about that!

I'd still suggest my original advice to speak to professors in your department -- have you spoken with your MA supervisor about it?