Letter of Rec from doctor I shadowed

Domhellen

I am applying to 10 Biology PhD programs and am using a doctor that I shadowed as one of my letters of recommendation.  I am extremely nervous now, as it seems like an academic reference would’ve been a better choice.  I have professors that would love to write me a LOR, but throughout this process, I thought that a personal reference (doctor I shadowed) would speak to my overall character (hoping admissions counselors would see it as “this person is easy to work with”). 

However, with three days left to submit these applications, I must stick with that decision.  

I am wondering what peoples thoughts are on this matter? Should I include a brief paragraph with my application including this information? Should I withdraw my application completely?

Any information would be incredibly helpful, as I am freaking out about this. 

My other two LORs are a CEO from a biotech i interned for, and my PI. 

IMO I think it's ok. It shows diversity in your profile and you have two other research related references. As long as the letter is favorable, it shouldn't be a dealbreaker. Are you at all interested in doing clinical or translational research? If that's the case, even better. I wouldn't freak out about it, your overall profile won't be severely affected by having one doctor as a reference.