University of Washington CoreSLP vs. MedSLP

Hi all! I'm applying to UW for the fall 2020 application cycle, and I was wondering if anyone had feedback on their two different tracks. The MedSLP track is more focused on topics that are relevant for clinical work in medical settings, while the CoreSLP track is a little more well-rounded and applicable to multiple settings. Even though I'm pretty sure I would prefer to work with adults in a hospital or rehab center, I am more interested in applying for the CoreSLP track. This is in part because it would be more financially feasible for me (I would qualify for in-state tuition through WRGP, which is not the case for MedSLP) and in part because I want to come out of graduate school with well-rounded and widely applicable clinical skills and experience. The application asks you to justify your choice in track-- is it acceptable to explain that I'd rather get a greater breadth of experience in all realms of SLP, even though my application makes it clear that I'm interested in eventually pursuing medically based work? Or would this be too much of a contradiction for the admissions/selection committee to see as valid? Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated!

I am also applying to UW for their coreSLP program and had similar questions as you! My reasoning is the same, but also I don't plan on being in a hospital or medical facility.  I don't think its contradictory that even though you have an eventual goal of the medical field, you want to be in the core program.  Being well versed in a variety of settings is a great thing! You can swing it as beiing prepared for a diverse field, keeping options open, bringing multiple perspectives to the medical side, etc.