English Version of the DAAD Portal

The New Kid

Hello Everyone,

I received an email from DAAD that since my application has moved to the final stage, I need to submit my documents on the DAAD portal within 3 days of email receipt. Unfortunately, everything on the DAAD portal is in Germany and there is no provision for changing it to English. I emailed portal@daad.de for help but I have not yet heard from them and I seem to be running out of time. Worse off, the highlight text function on the portal has been disabled. Meanning I cannot copy and paste in google translate. Does anyone know how I can get past this problem?? Thanking you in anticpation.

• 1 month later...
On 12/10/2019 at 12:14 PM, The New Kid said:

Hello Everyone,

I received an email from DAAD that since my application has moved to the final stage, I need to submit my documents on the DAAD portal within 3 days of email receipt. Unfortunately, everything on the DAAD portal is in Germany and there is no provision for changing it to English. I emailed portal@daad.de for help but I have not yet heard from them and I seem to be running out of time. Worse off, the highlight text function on the portal has been disabled. Meanning I cannot copy and paste in google translate. Does anyone know how I can get past this problem?? Thanking you in anticpation.

Hi, congratulations on making this far. I also received the same email from DAAD. There was an important note saying, "Please register on the DAAD portal in German or English, not in Spanish." Did you check if you were registered on DAAD English? My problem now is I couldn't log in on the DAAD portal. It says "Error: Service is not available." The good thing is they gave me until Jan 20 to submit my docs.  portal@daad.de  hasn't replied to me yet as well. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/11/2020 at 1:44 PM, Greta Gonzaga said:

Hi, congratulations on making this far. I also received the same email from DAAD. There was an important note saying, "Please register on the DAAD portal in German or English, not in Spanish." Did you check if you were registered on DAAD English? My problem now is I couldn't log in on the DAAD portal. It says "Error: Service is not available." The good thing is they gave me until Jan 20 to submit my docs.  portal@daad.de  hasn't replied to me yet as well. 

Hi, so sorry I have never logged in since January so this is when I am seeing your msg. Congratulations to you too!