Greeley, CO

sun_daisie

• 1 month later...

I live in Denver and I've never been to Greeley, but I can tell you it has a reputation as being kind of a Hicksville. Apparently it's a meat factory town that literally smells bad, but the COL is significantly better than in the rest of the Front Range.

• 2 months later...

What is the town of Greeley, CO like? Cost of Living, demographics, things to do, access to public transportation, etc? 

What is the University of Northern Colorado like? 

On 3/31/2020 at 11:22 AM, mpk1012 said:

What is the town of Greeley, CO like? Cost of Living, demographics, things to do, access to public transportation, etc? 

What is the University of Northern Colorado like? 

Greeley is definitely a college town. Outside of UNC, there's not a ton to do. There's a pretty infamous smell and the community is very rural. You will be close to the mountains if you're looking for things to do on a free weekend. Cost of living is very student-friendly. You could live by yourself for 700-900/month. The town is predominantly White but the campus is pretty diverse racially. As it's not CSU or CU, the campus is mostly attended by Colorado undergrads. On campus transportation is plentiful during the school year but Greeley itself doesn't have much of a public transportation infrastructure as far as I'm aware. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2020 at 12:13 PM, rurality said:

Greeley is definitely a college town. Outside of UNC, there's not a ton to do. There's a pretty infamous smell and the community is very rural. You will be close to the mountains if you're looking for things to do on a free weekend. Cost of living is very student-friendly. You could live by yourself for 700-900/month. The town is predominantly White but the campus is pretty diverse racially. As it's not CSU or CU, the campus is mostly attended by Colorado undergrads. On campus transportation is plentiful during the school year but Greeley itself doesn't have much of a public transportation infrastructure as far as I'm aware. 

Thank you so much! This information is very helpful! 

Edited by mpk1012