UT Dallas and UTHSC SA

Hi I'm Raven and I'm a senior CD major who's about to apply to graduate school. I am currently applying to several schools. This journey has been truly an adventure. The top schools I want to get into are UT Dallas and UTHSC SA. I was just seeing if there's anyone who can give me feedback on what these schools look at more. I have good references, recommendation letters and gre score. I'm just wondering will that be enough. This is also for anyone who want spread their own experience during this process. Also, I pray that everyone on here get into the school they want☺️

14 hours ago, LovelyySLP said:

Hi I'm Raven and I'm a senior CD major who's about to apply to graduate school. I am currently applying to several schools. This journey has been truly an adventure. The top schools I want to get into are UT Dallas and UTHSC SA. I was just seeing if there's anyone who can give me feedback on what these schools look at more. I have good references, recommendation letters and gre score. I'm just wondering will that be enough. This is also for anyone who want spread their own experience during this process. Also, I pray that everyone on here get into the school they want☺️

Hi! I'm also applying to both of these schools. UT Dallas is my top choice and I'm getting really nervous just waiting! How's all of this been for you?

6 hours ago, wannabeanSLP said:

From what I've heard, I think it's mostly the overall applicant! 

Ok good, that makes me feel better! I am also applying to UNT. I don't have the best GPA but do have a lot of other outside experience and research so hopefully that will help. Do you know anything about how good the program is or anything?

11 hours ago, wannabeanSLP said:

Hi! I'm also applying to both of these schools. UT Dallas is my top choice and I'm getting really nervous just waiting! How's all of this been for you?

I’m actually super nervous because I don’t know what to expect because I really want to get in one of my school picks. I have to remember a lot of the times they look at the person as a whole. Not by scores.

On 12/29/2019 at 9:14 PM, futurespeechie2 said:

Ok good, that makes me feel better! I am also applying to UNT. I don't have the best GPA but do have a lot of other outside experience and research so hopefully that will help. Do you know anything about how good the program is or anything?

I don't know a lot about UNT, but I know UTD's program is AMAZING. I visited earlier last semester and the program is incredibly customizable (6 required classes and the rest are all electives), everyone was warm and friendly, and all the students seemed to love their experience there. It's my top choice and I really hope to hear back soon! 

Major: Communication Sciences and Disorders - Speech-Language Pathology

GPA: Overall 3.78, CSD 3.9  // GRE: 148 V 155 Q 4.0 AW

Applying to: The University of Texas at Dallas (UTD), The University of Texas at Austin (UT), Texas Christian University (TCU), UT Health San Antonio, Texas Woman's University (TWU)

Applied /Interview / Accepted / Waitlisted / Rejected