PhD in SLP/ COMD - Fall 2020

6 hours ago, gradgirl2016 said:

That makes sense! Would you mind sharing which universities you applied to? That way we can keep each other in the loop if we hear back. 

I applied to NYU, ASU and Purdue! :)

Definitely! I applied to The Graduate Center at CUNY, NYU, BU, and UW-Madison. I would be happy with an admittance to any program, though my top choice is probably BU. What about you?

• 2 weeks later...

I got accepted to CUNY, received an invite to Madison's interview weekend (March 5/6), and participated in the NYU interview today. It's been eventful! Not sure if you had yours yet, @gradgirl2016, but they were incredibly nice and personable. They said the university requires them to select admitted students by the end of the month, but the results likely won't be in any earlier than that. They added that they had another 18 applicants to work through (not sure if they are all interviewing or if they're just reviewing their apps), as well.

7 hours ago, maskingeffect said:

I got accepted to CUNY, received an invite to Madison's interview weekend (March 5/6), and participated in the NYU interview today. It's been eventful! Not sure if you had yours yet, @gradgirl2016, but they were incredibly nice and personable. They said the university requires them to select admitted students by the end of the month, but the results likely won't be in any earlier than that. They added that they had another 18 applicants to work through (not sure if they are all interviewing or if they're just reviewing their apps), as well.

That sounds wonderful - Congratulations!! That's good to hear. My interview with NYU went pretty well too - I'll keep my fingers crossed! I did read online that they choose only 3 students for the year. UW-Madison is a great school - that's amazing too! 

I'm hoping to receive an admit soon - the waiting is making me anxious!

6 hours ago, gradgirl2016 said:

That sounds wonderful - Congratulations!! That's good to hear. My interview with NYU went pretty well too - I'll keep my fingers crossed! I did read online that they choose only 3 students for the year. UW-Madison is a great school - that's amazing too! 

I'm hoping to receive an admit soon - the waiting is making me anxious!

Thanks! I’m sure you’ll get accepted soon.

Looking at the ASHA EdFind tool, last year, they received 27 apps and accepted 4, enrolling 3. They did say that the department is expanding and they’ve received a lot of funding more recently. I’m not sure who your POI is, but I do know a handful of students are graduating. All in all, if we’re receiving interviews, we must be very close! ?

3 hours ago, maskingeffect said:

Thanks! I’m sure you’ll get accepted soon.

Looking at the ASHA EdFind tool, last year, they received 27 apps and accepted 4, enrolling 3. They did say that the department is expanding and they’ve received a lot of funding more recently. I’m not sure who your POI is, but I do know a handful of students are graduating. All in all, if we’re receiving interviews, we must be very close! ?

That makes sense. I'm sure everything will work out. Thank you for the encouragement! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/2/2020 at 12:38 PM, maskingeffect said:

Informal acceptance from my POI @ NYU. Super excited! They said there’s an administrative hold-up in distributing acceptances and such. 

That's so exciting for you! Who is your POI? Congratulations!!!