Stanford official transcripts

sawanishiki

Does anyone know if it is necessary to mail all the official transcripts to the department in order to get admitted? I submitted my application with pdfs of unofficial transcripts and the application status is "incomplete". It is said that my application will be reviewed and this "incomplete" status is only to help them keep track... Is it okay that I mail the official transcripts after I receive an admission?

I personally made sure that the .pdfs I submitted were scanned copies of official transcripts mailed to me by my schools. I believe that was what was asked. Unofficial transcripts look unprofessional and are typically not regarded as complete documents. 
With that said, I’m still unsure of what to say about your situation and I’m afraid you’re at the mercy of the admissions officers reviewing your files. If you were a strong candidate with few errors on your application (I’m sure most people will make some), I think you’ll be fine. However, not following directions is just simply another reason for admissions to go with someone else, even though technically, yes, they will ask you to mail in official transcripts from your institutions after you are accepted.
Either way, I wish you the best of luck in this admissions cycle. 

For my program at Stanford (in social sciences), it specifically said on the website that I needed to submit two copies of official paper transcripts for the application in addition to the PDF. Check your program's admissions requirements to see if that applies to you.