Do MS Biomedical Engineering care about GRE?

ExistingSteak

I heard that a lot of programs don't necessarily care for the GRE, so I didn't bother using up my time to study for it. I received a 155 on quant and 154 on verbal, and I know some schools on my list don't even require it. However, I am now anxious that my score will keep me from being admitted to the MS in BME programs I'm applying to:

Stanford, Duke, Upenn, G-Tech/Emory, WUSTL, and CMU. 

I believe that the rest of my application is fairly strong though:

Institution: Research Christian University

Major: Applied Math and Biochemistry

GPA: 3.82

Publications:

1. First Author in Science Advances (and featured on Science Podcast)

2. Tentative publication at Johns Hopkins Med School Research Internship (attended 3 summers)

3. Several conference presentations (university-wide, regional, national, and international)

LOR:

3 strong letters from faculty I did research with throughout college.

Awards:

Goldwater Scholar

Thermo Fisher Scientific Antibody Scholar

Several Research Conference Travel Awards

Some undergraduate research competition Top 3 places

Presidential Service Medal

Despite me not taking any engineering courses, I am very interested in the field (in neuroengineering particularly), and I have the sufficient courses as stated on the websites of the graduate schools. I believe that I can perform well at these universities given my research interests--but I just wonder if I should plan more backups given my poor GRE. Can someone help me out?

It's always dependent on the institution. You have to ask the school/department graduate advisor directly. So far, most of them has said GRE scores doesn't matter for engineers and a lot of schools are getting rid of this requirement. However, some has said the admissions board set a baseline where they filter out applications that don't meet those standards (most like 150/150/3 or lower). This is typically schools that receive higher than average applications like MIT, Yale, etc.

Your scores looks good enough. 

The two most important thing is your Statement of Purpose and the Letters of Recommendation.