Interview notifications: All at once or in different batches?

ncan360

For anyone who has applied previously or has studied the trends on the results page enough to notice -- 

Do schools tend to send out all of the interview requests on the same date (around the same time), or do they tend to spread them out depending on specialty, POI, etc? 

Hi all, I'm one of the people on the results board that received a request from Stanford.

I received an email from the department (not POI) that implied that they're sending them all together - they said "Interviews will be conducted on [2 dates]" and asked me to pick from time slots. Not sure about other schools, but hope that helps!

I'm one of the people on the results page for Northwestern interviews and it seems like it was planned to be in bulk, but I think ended up a little staggered based on each POI. I thought I was not going to receive an interview because I saw an interview post at least 36 hours prior to receiving my first email. Each professor gave me 3-4 time options spanned over 3 days. Hope this helps too!