Emailing POI?

doa.11

Hi Grad Cafe,

I have completed the final interviews for my top choice last Friday and I am satisfied with how everything went. The last faculty I spoke with wasn't my primary or secondary mentor, thus she said that I should check back in with my primary faculty for further details about what's next and told that the faculties will meet in the next week or two to make the final decisions. So I emailed my primary faculty that afternoon, briefly expressing my excitements from meeting the faculties/for the potential training opportunity at the school and politely asking for what to expect next. However, I haven't heard back yet

My subjective self is going down the rabbit hole - worrying if she is no longer interested in me, lost my email and thinks I am not enthusiastic about her/the school (this. I absolutely not want it to be the case), etc. 

My objective self is guessing that she is waiting on responding until the faculties meet for final decisions to be able to give me the finite news.

Should I be worried about this silence and try sending a follow-up email this Friday or just wait until she responds?

7 hours ago, doa.11 said:

Hi Grad Cafe,

I have completed the final interviews for my top choice last Friday and I am satisfied with how everything went. The last faculty I spoke with wasn't my primary or secondary mentor, thus she said that I should check back in with my primary faculty for further details about what's next and told that the faculties will meet in the next week or two to make the final decisions. So I emailed my primary faculty that afternoon, briefly expressing my excitements from meeting the faculties/for the potential training opportunity at the school and politely asking for what to expect next. However, I haven't heard back yet

My subjective self is going down the rabbit hole - worrying if she is no longer interested in me, lost my email and thinks I am not enthusiastic about her/the school (this. I absolutely not want it to be the case), etc. 

My objective self is guessing that she is waiting on responding until the faculties meet for final decisions to be able to give me the finite news.

Should I be worried about this silence and try sending a follow-up email this Friday or just wait until she responds?

Follow your objective self. Do not email her again. That will come off extremely pestering and not help your case . 

This season is a lesson in patience. Learn what self-care strategies work for you. All of academia/clinical is a series of waiting (publications, grants, internship, post-doc, jobs), so learning now what will make you the most at peace is a good exercise. 

Edited by Aaaaaaaaaaaa11111

12 hours ago, Aaaaaaaaaaaa11111 said:

Follow your objective self. Do not email her again. That will come off extremely pestering and not help your case . 

This season is a lesson in patience. Learn what self-care strategies work for you. All of academia/clinical is a series of waiting (publications, grants, internship, post-doc, jobs), so learning now what will make you the most at peace is a good exercise. 

Thanks for the reply! I needed that affirmation to really hold myself back.

Yes, the waiting and self-maintenance part is the toughest part in this process.