Should I reach out?

thetruewalkingwoman

Hi Friends,

I'm in a bit of a anxiety induced panic. I haven't received word from one school regarding an acceptance or rejection. I've seen a few answers pop up on the results page, but I've neither received an email nor has the portal changed. I did receive a note from the department saying they have approved my application for 2020 consideration and a week or two later I received an email from the school itself discussing my state residency and how I could petition for in-state.

One of my classmates received a rejection letter from this school last week. Should I reach out and request information about my application or let it be? I'm terrified I've received a rejection and the email was lost. They had originally told me I would hear in early Feb. but as other people are hearing...

@thetruewalkingwoman I'm just as anxious, but I'm not planning to bug any schools for a few weeks. Yes, some people have been accepted already to the dream school, but there are a lot of different reasons why someone might hear early, like maybe the advisor they wanted is only taking one student and made their decision but everyone else is taking the time until they send out the regularly scheduled decisions.Check the past couple of years for your programs in the results list... if most of the notices seem to be coming out Feb 11 or 15, then don't expect anything before that, and if you do hear earlier, consider it a bonus.