UT Austin 2020

UT2020

Hi! Fellow UT hopeful! UT is one of my top choices. I toured back in October and fell in love with the school and the program. Still haven't heard back, but I met the priority deadline so I'm hopeful! 

On 2/7/2020 at 5:11 PM, basw said:

Hi! Fellow UT hopeful! UT is one of my top choices. I toured back in October and fell in love with the school and the program. Still haven't heard back, but I met the priority deadline so I'm hopeful! 

Same! I’m so on edge as it feels like ages that we’ve been waiting!!

Hi! I got into the program but I'm hesitant on whether or not I want to attend because they havent gotten back to me regarding financial aid yet. I was told I wouldnt be hearing back about financial aid until after April, which is a bit frustrating. Has anyone else heard back yet?

2 hours ago, NourE said:

Hi! I got into the program but I'm hesitant on whether or not I want to attend because they havent gotten back to me regarding financial aid yet. I was told I wouldnt be hearing back about financial aid until after April, which is a bit frustrating. Has anyone else heard back yet?

My application changed and now says it has been forwarded to the grad committee but I don't have a definite decision yet. I wonder if that's a good sign or a bad one. Or if I'm absolutely reading into it too much!

5 hours ago, basw said:

My application changed and now says it has been forwarded to the grad committee but I don't have a definite decision yet. I wonder if that's a good sign or a bad one. Or if I'm absolutely reading into it too much!

Mine has said the same thing since around early January...it has been freaking me out too! I wonder if there is a way to contact someone directly in financial aid to see if they could give you more information about funding? Best of luck to everyone ?

Hey! UT is my top school and I absolutely adore the campus and school. I also applied before the priority deadline. I’ve seen a few people already received their decisions, so I definitely feel on edge. On one of the other forums, somebody mentioned decisions will be rolled out 10-12 weeks after the January deadline ??

Which program and concentration did everyone apply to? I applied to the 2 year, clinical track concentration! Best of luck to everything. This wait is grueling, but worth it!! 

Edited by Notsosocialworker

For those of us that haven’t heard back from UT yet, does anyone think that the Behavioral health recruitment event on Friday is being used as a way to weed out candidates or have I lost all my marbles? 

also, I called the admission office sometime last week and I asked about clarity for those who applied for the priority deadline and the woman said it is 6-8weeks not 10-12 which has definitely passed (unless I’m counting my weeks wrong - I excluded holiday weeks) . Does anyone have a more recent update? 

Hi guys! I got my rejection from UT on Saturday morning! I know that's not super encouraging but if you haven't heard back yet that means you haven't gotten a rejection, so maybe that's a good sign?

1 hour ago, Idk20~ said:

For those of us that haven’t heard back from UT yet, does anyone think that the Behavioral health recruitment event on Friday is being used as a way to weed out candidates or have I lost all my marbles? 

also, I called the admission office sometime last week and I asked about clarity for those who applied for the priority deadline and the woman said it is 6-8weeks not 10-12 which has definitely passed (unless I’m counting my weeks wrong - I excluded holiday weeks) . Does anyone have a more recent update? 

Hey so I definitely don’t think the event Friday matters for admission. It’d be pretty wrong to judge people on their ability to attend an event, for some, that is a pretty expensive endeavor.  

I’ve heard that the 10-12 weeks is actually from January 15. So we are almost right in the middle of that.  I’m not really sure why we all applied to the priority for them to wait until the regular deadline to start reviewing.  Either way their website is wrong and the secretaries also don’t have the right info because I heard all this from the director of admissions!

34 minutes ago, basw said:

Hi guys! I got my rejection from UT on Saturday morning! I know that's not super encouraging but if you haven't heard back yet that means you haven't gotten a rejection, so maybe that's a good sign?

Awwwww that really sucks!! Would you mind sharing your stats?

best of luck elsewhere I’m sure you’re more than deserving!!

Also, has anyone else seen this on their portal??

For Your Information:  If you are offered admission and employment at UT Austin, including employment as a GRA or TA, you must successfully pass a criminal background check. For information about how our office of Human Resources reviews criminal history background checks, please visit Human Resources website. 

1 hour ago, UT2020 said:

Awwwww that really sucks!! Would you mind sharing your stats?

best of luck elsewhere I’m sure you’re more than deserving!!

Hi, yes of course!

My undergrad GPA was a 3.6, I work at a nonprofit counseling center now, several years of volunteer experience, got recommendations for former professors and also a few LCSWs that I work with now.

I got into Columbia so I think that's probably where I will end up. Everything happens for a reason! Thank you for your kind words ❤️ 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2020 at 9:26 AM, Idk20~ said:

Has anyone else heard back in the last 2 weeks? 

I haven't heard back yet and I applied by the November 15th deadline.

My apprehension levels are off the charts! I've been considering the possibility that I'm either not getting in or that I'm on some sort of informal wait list.

5 hours ago, screentone said:

I haven't heard back yet and I applied by the November 15th deadline.

My apprehension levels are off the charts! I've been considering the possibility that I'm either not getting in or that I'm on some sort of informal wait list.

Omg figured it out.

41 minutes ago, Idk20~ said:

@screentone

I don’t know how to respond back to your comment directly so I hope you see this LOL 

BUT SAME I applied before nov 15 and I am convinced there is an undisclosed waiting list. It is very painful to wait this long 

Same, I just sent an email to the social work graduate coordinator to see if they could give me a time frame on when to expect a decision.

8 hours ago, screentone said:

Just received a response from the Director of Admissions:

"Most Fall applicants should have a decision by the end of April. If you have not received a decision by the end of April, you will have likely been placed on our waitlist."

That is so brutal