Umass Amherst Update Pending

youcandothis

I also applied so I don't know. Same status I saw on my application page. I don't want to discourage you (or anyone) but I am seeing it as a rejection. By some miracle I do pray it is an acceptance or even wait-list status but... I am not hopeful. What other schools you applied to?

3 hours ago, laurynap said:

Is this true? I am also under update pending. How do we know that update is a rejection? 

Well when the update is no longer updating you will see your status. The reason why we (me and the other poster) may assume it is a rejection is because on the results section for sociology about 2-3 people posted that they received emails from the department being admitted. So if you didn't get an email on the 5th there is a likelihood of a rejection. I am hoping that once the portal updates from pending status we will know what's up. I also hope there is still hope for us who are in this situation, so hopefully the update does not show a rejection but some good news. 

Edited by CeXra

8 hours ago, CeXra said:

I also applied so I don't know. Same status I saw on my application page. I don't want to discourage you (or anyone) but I am seeing it as a rejection. By some miracle I do pray it is an acceptance or even wait-list status but... I am not hopeful. What other schools you applied to?

Yep at first I felt hopeful but then I looked at the results posted by applicants from previous years. I think a rejection is highly likely. Did you receive any email from the department notifying you of the status change? I didn't.

I also applied to Temple, Boston University, Syracuse. I no longer think I can get an offer.

2 hours ago, CeXra said:

Well when the update is no longer updating you will see your status. The reason why we (me and the other poster) may assume it is a rejection is because on the results section for sociology about 2-3 people posted that they received emails from the department being admitted. So if you didn't get an email on the 5th there is a likelihood of a rejection. I am hoping that once the portal updates from pending status we will know what's up. I also hope there is still hope for us who are in this situation, so hopefully the update does not show a rejection but some good news. 

Do you know how many students they take on each year? I am international and 2 international students already posted their acceptance. I don't think there's space for me anymore.

Well, I still have my cats.

2 minutes ago, Wang Yeah said:

Do you know how many students they take on each year? I am international and 2 international students already posted their acceptance. I don't think there's space for me anymore.

Well, I still have my cats.

Oh I am not sure how many students they take. Also, don't give up complete hope... like anything can happen. I hope it works out for your other choices. 

2 minutes ago, CeXra said:

Oh I am not sure how many students they take. Also, don't give up complete hope... like anything can happen. I hope it works out for your other choices. 

Thank you! I am hoping temple will take me but 3 people already posted acceptance and I saw in the results section that temple takes 5. Syracuse might be my last hope.

What are your other schools?

6 hours ago, laurynap said:

Is this true? I am also under update pending. How do we know that update is a rejection? 

We don't know for certain but it is very likely. Umass appear to receive loads of applications each year and god knows how many they take, if you look at the results section each years a lot more people posted rejection and only a few had favorable news (I am counting waitlist offer as favorable). So far, 3 already posted acceptance.

17 hours ago, CeXra said:

@CeXra any luck? 

1 hour ago, laurynap said:

Hey All 

Got the email with the status update notification. I called grad admissions to ask. Not admitted. Unfortunate and I am disappointed but can't let it get me/us down. 

Good luck! 

Hi, thanks for sharing this and I'm glad you are keeping your faith. Fingers crossed for the each of us!!