Schools Rejected From:  N/A
Still Waiting:  Georgetown
Undergraduate Institution:  UC Santa Barbara
Undergraduate GPA:   3.2
Undergraduate Major:  Global Studies
GRE Quantitative/Verbal/AW Scores:  Not required
Years Out of Undergrad (if applicable):  Going on 2 years
Years of Work Experience:  3
Describe Relevant Work Experience:  Interned at the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of International Organizations, Office of Peacekeeping, Sanctions, and Counter-terrorism going into my final year of undergrad summer of 2017. Then interned at an education policy nonprofit back home in LA after I graduated in June of 2018. Worked at the LA Superior Courts then at a personal injury law firm.
Strength of SOP (be honest, describe the process, etc):  Extremely strong. Wrote about my experience living in LA and my educational experiences of going to low-performing public schools since I'm applying to an educational policy program. Lawyers at my job and professors I had at undergrad read and made edits to my SOP.
Strength of LOR's (be honest, describe the process, etc):  I have one from my Chinese professor (took two years of Mandarin), one from my constitutional law professor, and one from my labor history professor.
Other: My program as three deadlines: 12/1/2019 (priority scholarship), 2/1/2020 (interim), and 3/15/2020 (final). I applied before the priority scholarship deadline and now I'm just waiting to hear back. Emailed a woman in the department and she said that decisions will conclude in April, so between now and April I should hear something.

If anyone knows when Georgetown usually releases decisions for MA programs, please reply here? I applied before the priority scholarship deadline 12/15/19 to the MA in Educational Transformation and haven't heard anything back. When they first emailed me in December they said that they will conclude on decisions in April but i dont know still getting kind of worried since I applied so early and haven't heard anything back.

Missed a call earlier this afternoon from the MAET director by fifteen minutes; she left a voicemail saying that she had “good news.” Called and emailed back immediately; no answer yet. Too scared to let my phone out of my sight. I think I might pass out.

Is this an interview request, or are they really sending out decisions this early? I wasn’t expecting to hear from any more schools until March, but then just saw @jmkenobi’s post and realized that I had sent in my application on the priority deadline as well.

37 minutes ago, thankyouforbreathing said:

Missed a call earlier this afternoon from the MAET director by fifteen minutes; she left a voicemail saying that she had “good news.” Called and emailed back immediately; no answer yet. Too scared to let my phone out of my sight. I think I might pass out.

Is this an interview request, or are they really sending out decisions this early? I wasn’t expecting to hear from any more schools until March, but then just saw @jmkenobi’s post and realized that I had sent in my application on the priority deadline as well.

Omg really?? I’m soo scared! I haven’t heard anything at all! 

43 minutes ago, thankyouforbreathing said:

Did apply for policy and advocacy or teaching?

17 minutes ago, lexuwhit said:

Hopefully I’ll hear something tomorrow! Sigh!

Your interest and commitment seem incredible! I hope you will make it to the program, if the professors from Georgetown are reading this thread, please let her in!

You deserve this program more than anyone :) Good luck!

13 minutes ago, kemalgider said:

Your interest and commitment seem incredible! I hope you will make it to the program, if the professors from Georgetown are reading this thread, please let her in!

You deserve this program more than anyone :) Good luck!

Thank you so much!! And whichever you school(s) you’ve applied to, I hope you get into all of them!! Good luck :D