Letter of Intent

Hi everyone! 

I wish you all the best of luck in your speech journeys! I applied to McGill, Toronto, McMaster, Western, and Ottawa. I was so eager to submit my applications already that I gave myself a deadline to have them all submitted before the actual school deadlines, so when it came to that night, I submitted my letters without being fully confident in them. I started editing them last minute then failed to read them over properly before I submitted. Now, every time I read them over, there are a million things I wish I could change!

I wanted to know if anyone else was in the same boat as me? Feeling okay about your letter before submitting it and then reading it over and feeling super bleh about it? I've been struggling with accepting the fact that it's submitted and am feeling super anxious about it.

Edited by speechy_123

First of all, congrats on submitting! Second of all, you are absolutely not alone--this is me, every single time I apply for anything, even when I feel good about my essays, and have gotten feedback from lots of people. I find that the best solution is the to never ever ever look back at application essays. What's done is done, and worrying will only make us miserable. Remember that you're qualified and passionate, and that will come across in your statement and LoRs.

If it makes you less anxious (which maybe it won't, and in that case, don't do it), you could also start coming up with a backup plan--personally, realizing that I'm qualified to be an SLPA if I don't get into grad school this cycle was really liberating. And remember, not getting into grad school this cycle doesn't mean you never will, and does not determine your worth.

And last but not least, cut yourself some slack! You've submitted your applications, which in itself is a feat! Now, watch some dumb tv, drink your favorite drink, and relax!