CSUSM Interview Advice?

Hello! I was invited to an interview a Cal State San Marcos and I'm very nervous about the interview. I've interviewed and been admitted to another school but the interview was very relaxed and personal. I am seeing in some old forums that the CSUSM interview is heavily content based and they want you to know anatomy/phonetics. Is this true? Looking for more recent information from the past year or two. If so what should I brush up on? Neuroanatomy? Speech mechanisms anatomy? All phonetics? The interview is multiple hours long but I thought maybe it was for room for a tour but now I don't know about that. Also heard there is a separate assessment if you indicated you speak another language. Any tips? Any advice would be great thanks!!

Edited by izzooo

The interview was 4 hours long from what I remember. It included a writing portion, probably to ensure that you can write as well as your personal statement, it involved a quiz that was based on basic SLP terms, and then a phonetic transcription segment followed by an interview with some professors. 

Definitely spruce up on terms, scenarios, and glance over at the IPA transcription. Good luck! 

8 hours ago, MadisonMachelle said:

The interview was 4 hours long from what I remember. It included a writing portion, probably to ensure that you can write as well as your personal statement, it involved a quiz that was based on basic SLP terms, and then a phonetic transcription segment followed by an interview with some professors. 

Definitely spruce up on terms, scenarios, and glance over at the IPA transcription. Good luck! 

Thank you so much!