Sjsu MSW fall 2020

Ashlove

On 2/26/2020 at 12:24 AM, Ashlove said:

Has anyone heard back from the MSW program at San Jose State for fall 2020?

Hey there, I have not heard back yet. I have no idea when we're meant to hear back, but I think (and hope!) sometime before May?

18 hours ago, Ashlove said:

When did you submit your application? Which program did you apply too?

I turned mine in Feb 10th. I was ready to submit earlier, but I had to wait to get my SJSU ID in order to submit the social work application. I applied to the Hybrid program. I have not heard back and someone who I work with also applied and has not heard back either. I think we will start hearing back around the end of march. 

when did you submit and apply? 

I am also still waiting. I know my application has shown "referred to graduate department" for a while now, and I looked it up, and it said if you don't receive a response by 5-7 weeks to contact the department. So I am assuming maybe by the last week or first week of April we should be getting responses

Question? Did any of you get an email about FASFA? I got chosen for verification for SJSU and I have to submit some documents for it. Could this be an indicator of a good sign?? LOL I got accepted to u-wash and was also asked the same thing by the financial aid department. Maybe I'm reading too much into it 

• 2 weeks later...

I applied mid-January but haven't heard back. My account has been saying "Refer to Grad Department" since early/mid February. I'm getting more and more anxious as the weeks go by and I'm wondering if COVID-19 is having an effect on the rate to which they are completing application decisions. I have three years of experience working with at-risk kids and a high GPA so I'm hopeful that I will get in but this waiting process is KILLER.

5 hours ago, anastaciae said:

I applied mid-January but haven't heard back. My account has been saying "Refer to Grad Department" since early/mid February. I'm getting more and more anxious as the weeks go by and I'm wondering if COVID-19 is having an effect on the rate to which they are completing application decisions. I have three years of experience working with at-risk kids and a high GPA so I'm hopeful that I will get in but this waiting process is KILLER.

I emailed them yesterday asking if they would be backed up due to COVID-19 and am still waiting to hear back from them I will update Y'all what they say.

On 3/24/2020 at 10:23 AM, anastaciae said:

I just received a response from the email and was told that they will be continuing to review applications and decisions can be made between now and May 31st.

Thank you for letting us know! I wish we didn’t have to wait so long. SJSU always takes forever!!! I think they’re always the last school to notify regarding admissions. They usually let us know by Mid May every year. 

Edited by Latinaxo

• 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, JNice said:

I got my acceptance on Monday for the online MSW program so they are sending them!

How did you get your acceptance? Was it through email? Did they mail an acceptance letter? or posted on the portal? Also could you tell us your qualifications like someone else asked? I'm so excited to start hearing. Thank you for updating us! :)

I applied for the online program 2/1 and was accepted 4/2 via the online portal! So excited, especially because I put all my eggs in one basket. 

Would love to connect with others who may be in my cohort!  Good luck to you all!

Edited by Msw2020sjsu

On 4/18/2020 at 12:10 AM, Latinaxo said:

Can I ask what your gpa was? And your qualifications? And what you feel made you stand out from the rest of the applicants :) 

Thank you! My GPA was 3.5 and I got a BA in psychology. I have volunteered on a crisis line, SFDA's office and been a chair on HT stuff in SF while also part of other groups. Also, I have working as a case manager for three years but was a counselor for one year before. 

On 4/18/2020 at 11:52 AM, Gelibutter said:

How did you get your acceptance? Was it through email? Did they mail an acceptance letter? or posted on the portal? Also could you tell us your qualifications like someone else asked? I'm so excited to start hearing. Thank you for updating us! :)

Hi! I got the acceptance by email from the department and just got another email today from the portal saying I was accepted. 

qualifications: My GPA was 3.5 and I got a BA in psychology. I have volunteered on a crisis line, SFDA's office and been a chair on HT stuff in SF while also part of other groups. Also, I have working as a case manager for three years but was a counselor for one year before. 

39 minutes ago, Latinaxo said:

I also got accepted yesterday! I’m so happy, blessed, excited and still can’t believe it! I was also accepted to the 2 year on campus program! Congrats everyone :) looking forward to meeting you as well. 

Congratulations! The letter mentioned a mandatory field fair on May 18 but may be postponed. So I guess we will just play it by ear for now. Hoping to connect with our cohort!

Thank you! Congrats as well! :) Yeah I think it will have to be postponed! Have you applied for financial aid or student loans? Our SJSU email is not active yet right? I only received an email on my personal email and saw my status changed to accepted classified graduate once I submitted my acceptance. Not sure if we have to submit another intent to register? I was kind of confused on that part