switching from an SLP masters to AuD??

savj99

Hi everyone! I am curious to know if this is possible. I applied for fall 2020 and have been accepted to a few Masters programs for SLP. However, I have been shadowing an audiologist for awhile and I am 100% certain that this is what I want to do. Does anyone know if I can accept an offer for the masters slp program and transfer to the Aud program at the same school? Is this possible? Or do I have to wait a year and just reapply to AuD programs? please help!! 

14 hours ago, lb2020 said:

Hi everyone! I am curious to know if this is possible. I applied for fall 2020 and have been accepted to a few Masters programs for SLP. However, I have been shadowing an audiologist for awhile and I am 100% certain that this is what I want to do. Does anyone know if I can accept an offer for the masters slp program and transfer to the Aud program at the same school? Is this possible? Or do I have to wait a year and just reapply to AuD programs? please help!! 

I feel like unfortunately you may need to wait for the next application cycle. It may be worth your time to connect with someone in that audiology department at that university and ask. But I know my university does separate admissions entirely for SLP and Audiology and I think the decisions committee is composed of all different people. It doesn’t hurt to ask but I know programs accept individuals based on the number of applications received and it likely is too late to switch even within the same university.