University of Michigan School of Information (MSI)

Go_Bruins

I just got my acceptance notice emailed to me today!! I’m so happy ? (early morning on a Sunday, what a surprise!)

Best of luck to everyone else waiting, I hope to see you all on campus soon!

11 minutes ago, michi-gander said:

I just got my acceptance notice emailed to me today!! I’m so happy ? (early morning on a Sunday, what a surprise!)

Congrats!!! See you on campus in August ?

1 hour ago, michi-gander said:

Happy for you!

did you get any funding details too??

Im still waiting though..

Edited by Jazzboom

2 hours ago, michi-gander said:

Congratulations! :) This is so exciting. I hope I hear from them soon. 

Received my admission letter last night and my scholarships letter this morning. Literally a couple of hours away from each other. Half-tuition scholarships. Will decline the offer like today since i've already another offer somewhere else. The letter states that the deadline to accept is April 15th, so in 10 days. Hopefully this helps some of you. Good Luck.

9 hours ago, michi-gander said:

Congrats.  Did you email them for an update prior?

"We have completed the first round of awards, and recipients have been notified. Given we have a very strong pool of applicants, we had to make extremely difficult decisions, and many applicants with very strong credentials were not offered first round funding from UMSI."

*Sob* how am I supposed to afford the program now, i'm an out of state student T_T

Today is the deadline to accept the scholarship and there is one condition that I don’t get.

If you withdraw after the first university withdrawal deadline of the term, you will be responsible for payment of your full tuition for that term.

I found one deadline on the registrar website (Aug 30) but I don’t know if it’s the correct one. Need to send the letter today and so confused about this. 

2 hours ago, Horizon20 said:

Has anyone found out if they have to go online in the fall if tuition will be charged out of state still? 
Any options on deferring to spring semester if that happens or to the following year?

Even I am wondering the same, actually. Has anybody talked to someone in the admissions office regarding this?