The Americanists' Corner

ampersand

Out of the schools I've been accepted by so far, UCSD is definitely the frontrunner. But that could change if Ohio and Michigan ever decide to send out acceptances (seriously, what's the hold up with those people?). I'm trying to set up a visit to Maryland and Stony Brook as well, to get a feel for what different departments are like and to make some new friends.

I don't see a problem with letting both schools know about your visitation dilemma. If you're seriously considering both schools, it would be to their advantage to accommodate you and let you visit.

alegriapura said:
ampersand, I hear you. My research interests are almost the same, but I also hope to dabble a bit in political psychology as it relates to voting behavior. Barring any additional acceptances, I plan to visit Minnesota, UIUC, and WUSTL. I'd love for some current and prospective students to chime in on what they like and dislike about the American politics subfield at these schools.

congrats on princeton. go there!

• 2 weeks later...