UT Austin Fall 2020!

Hi! I accepted my offer to UT Austin and was wondering if anyone else has yet? Or if anyone who has gotten accepted wants to make a group or something! 

I haven't accepted yet because I'm still waiting for my department to sort out some financial aid stuff before accepting! But as soon as that's done I'm in! :) I would love to make a group!

On 3/16/2020 at 1:39 AM, Pranjal Krishna Patel said:

i have accepted the offer. But i am yet to get a financial aid. Did anyone get any financial aid for fall 2020 ?

Yay!! I have not heard/received anything about financial aid either! 

Hey! Congrats on your acceptances! I'm currently trying to decide between UT Austin and a few other schools. I couldn't attend the open house in October, so my knowledge on their program is limited! Could you share why you chose UT Austin over other programs? 

35 minutes ago, midmoosing said:

Hey! Congrats on your acceptances! I'm currently trying to decide between UT Austin and a few other schools. I couldn't attend the open house in October, so my knowledge on their program is limited! Could you share why you chose UT Austin over other programs? 

Hi! Thank you, congrats on your acceptances too!! I visited Austin the weekend acceptances went out and fell in love for a few reasons... 1) I met 3 different faculty members and they were all so warm and welcoming to me 2) the speech center building was huge and seemed really well equipped! it was nicer than most of the other facilities I have seen.  3) I am really interested in research and I think my research interests could be met there. 4) I loved the campus and felt really at home there 5) the city of Austin was amazing!!! so fun and so much to do. It felt like home instantly. I really loved everything about it and felt like it was a perfect fit for me! Feel free to message me if you wanna chat more about it!! Good luck deciding! :)

9 hours ago, midmoosing said:

I'm in the same boat and also looking for more insight on the program!

On 3/26/2020 at 3:17 PM, Murphy13 said:

Hi! Is there a facebook group made yet? I am deciding between UT Austin and one other school, and am leaning towards UT but am also hesitant because of the little knowledge I have of the program!

hey! i don't think there is a FB page yet (or at least not that I am aware of!). we should all make one soon!!