Undergrad Institution: LAC (Junior)
Major(s): Statistics
Minor(s): Chinese
GPA: 3.3
Type of Student: Domestic / Girl

GRE General Test: not taken yet but probably will do average
GRE Subject Test in Mathematics:

Programs Applying: Statistics and Biostats

Research Experience: hopefully doing REU this summer if it doesn't get cancelled :(
Awards/Honors/Recognitions: None
Pertinent Activities or Jobs: TAd for calc1, linear algebra, intro stats.
Letters of Recommendation: my stats prof who is my advisor, lin alg prof i have a good relationship w, and probably another math professor i've had multiple classes with.
Math/Statistics Grades:  Calc I (A-) , Calc II (B), Calc III (C+),  Intro Stats (B-), Intermediate Stats (B), Applied Regression (B), Linear Algebra (B+), Probability (B)

My current grades in Discrete, Mathematical Statistics, and a statistics topics course this semester are all As and I don't expect that to change by the end of the semester. I'm not really sure what topic I would like to go into further yet for research since I just recently decided I want to go to grad school. I want to get a job in industry after I graduate, and am pursuing a PhD for intellectual reasons. Would prefer schools on the east coast but location to me isn't a huge concern for me, and I don't mind suburban or urban. I currently attend undergrad in a very small town but I'm from NYC.

When I applied I had roughly the same GPA from a large state school, I applied for a ton of PhD programs thinking research in a different field would carry me. PhD programs want to see good grades in math and stats classes first and foremost, and I got declined or accepted for a master's at every PhD program I applied to. However, a kind person  on this website sent me a list of some funded masters programs I should apply to, and I got into a few and have been very happy at my current program. My Master's GPA is already much better than my undergrad and its introduced me to focuses in statistics I hadn't really considered before. 

So my suggestion is, look into some Master's programs you'd like, if funding is a worry look at places that do not have a PhD program as they'll be more likely to fund. Also if there's a PhD program you really like look into masters programs that send many students into those. Also, still apply to a few PhD programs (just not a ton like I did), I can safely say I don't have to worry about that what-if scenario. And a comforting message I got from one of my statistics professors when I was bummed out about not getting into a Phd program: "Best case you get all A's and get into better schools then you applied to this year, or you 'fail-out' into a six-figure salary."

Also just general GRE advice, the book made by the ETS is the best study guide in my opinion as it has tons of practice exams that will help more than anything. Magoosh has free apps that are really helpful, as well as paid apps with more practice questions than you'll ever need. And for the math GRE, unless schools want it don't take it. That's really something you should only take if you think it will bolster your application, and those high scores are hard to obtain even if you only took pure math classes throughout undergrad.

If you have any questions on programs or anything like that feel free to message me!