Georgetown MSFS vs. Stanford FSI vs. Cambridge IS

Ramb

Question

Hi:

I got into all three graduate programs (Masters in foreign policy / international relations).  However, Stanford has offered me free tuition and others have not.  Any advice on which one I should opt for....and why?

(Cambridge University M.Phil program is one year, as opposed to FSI & MSFS are two years)

Thanks.

2 answers to this question

On 3/28/2020 at 5:18 PM, Ramb said:

Hi:

I got into all three graduate programs (Masters in foreign policy / international relations).  However, Stanford has offered me free tuition and others have not.  Any advice on which one I should opt for....and why?

(Cambridge University M.Phil program is one year, as opposed to FSI & MSFS are two years)

Thanks.

I don't know your situation, but some things to think about.

1. Do you want a DC job or not? If the answer is yes... go to Georgetown if you can or want to pay for it.

2. You might want to figure out which program has the professors that actually teach you find more aligned with your interests

3. You might want to figure out which program has the career outcomes that are more aligned with your interests.

4. Keep in mind that Stanford MIP is a super small program (like 20 to 30 a year). That means the alumni base is small. Each cohort at MSFS will be gigantic by comparison. That means a much bigger alumni base.