MPH programs Canada Review - Fall 2020

canadamph

Hi everyone! I am trying to gain some insight about the Master of Public Health programs in Canada. Specifically - McGill, University of Toronto (Health Promotion), Queen's and McMaster.

Note: I have not decided yet which field of public health I would want to specialize in but I do know that I would like some training Epidemiology in whichever program I choose. A diverse program offering training all aspects of public health would be ideal.

1) Which program is most reputable? And why?

2) What are the strengths and weaknesses of these programs?

3) Will joining UofT's Health Promotion MPH restrict me from seeking a placement in/working in Epidemiology? Or is the training diverse in all of these programs?

I am really confused about which program to choose! I like McGill's program but I feel I am a little biased as I did my undergrad and am comfortable there. I've heard mixed reviews about McGill's MPH program, otherwise.

I would appreciate any advice or any info you have on these programs that you all can share here. I'm sure many of us could benefit from this!