Adapting an Existing Framework and Survey Tool from a published PhD??

plus6598291969

Hello,

I'm currently looking at starting a research project and ultimately a PhD. on the topic of CUSTOMER RETENTION, CUSTOMER LOYALTY, AND CUSTOMER SATISFACTION in the mobile phone communication industry.

I have been researching this topic extensively over the past 18 months and have recently found a published dissertation that covers the EXACT topic and hypothesis I wish to test. The only difference is that the dissertation tests the hypothesis as it applies to the INTERNET PROVIDERS and not the MOBILE PHONE PROVIDER. The dissertation also tests a different market (country) to which I wish to study.

My question is two fold. Can I use the exact same theoretical framework and adapt it for the MOBILE PHONE PROVIDER context? And can I reuse the already proven survey tool (questionnaire) and adapt it to the context of the MOBILE PHONE PROVIDER context?

Obviously I would seek permission from the original author and cite the original work.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
M.

With proper permission (and perhaps paying royalties if the measure is not open-source) and citation, you are certainly able to replicate and extend the research of other scientists in this way.

Be transparent about what parts of your protocol and theoretical conceptualization are your own intellectual work and which build off the work from others.