waitlist or just take an offer

I have been waitlisted by Umich stats and accepted by TAMU stats, both PhD. How often do people get off the waitlist at a program like UMich? I am tempted to just accept the TAMU offer but I think Michigan is a better research fit for me. Any input would be nice. Thanks!

No harm in waiting til closer to April 15th to hear back from Michigan.  I understand the urge to relieve some stress by settling on a decision right away, but in 12 days that won't matter, so if Michigan is a better fit (and a stronger program, probably) then I think you should probably distract yourself for a few days with something else, email Michigan in a week or so to check on your status and then make a fully informed decision.

My son is waiting until the 15th to commit to one of the two schools he has been accepted to, as he is on wait list for Dartmouth.  

I have been monitoring the results and I have seen some report that they are getting accepted of the wait list.