Planning for an SLPD program

Hello! I'm still debating between UW-Milwaukee and Northwestern (which I've made a post or two about, already- sorry). My main concerns with Northwestern are with their larger cohort size and, of course, finances. I'm interested in getting my CCC's, practicing for a few years, and then completing a clinical doctorate program. Northwestern is a program I'm specifically interested in, and it seems like they accept a lot of their master's alumni into the SLPD program. I know that where you get your master's isn't a huge deal, and that if I still do well in my master's and stay engaged, I could still get into an SLPD cohort. I loved Northwestern when I toured there for undergrad, and some of the electives/clinical experiences seem really interesting to me. This decision is so agonizing! 

My question is, if Northwestern's program is really something I'm interested in, is it worth it to get my master's there, too?

I can't speak to most of what you've mentioned but i'm personally in bigger cohort (50 people) and don't find it to be a problem at all. I think it's helpful to have a wider network of other grad students to work with and get to know. You'll just have to make sure you're putting yourself out there and connecting with faculty, connections go a long way in speech. Congratulations!