No Funding Information Promised - What should I do?

I am now feeling discouraged about the whole grad school process. I received acceptance to my top two programs (yay) and visited both. I liked both of them but option A is definitely a better fit for me. My would-be mentor at B is shifting her research focus away from my core area of focus. My would-be mentor at A has many projects I would enjoy working on. I also didn't like the location of B. I could definitely adjust to it if I needed to but option A is a much better option for me. A is also rated better and seems to have more prestige. Everything else is pretty much the same between the two. Obviously, I was very much planning on going to A all things considered, and getting very excited about it. However, April came around and I still hadn't received any funding information at A. I reached out to the program head to check on what the timeline might be. During the interview, he promised all students get funding. In his email reply, however, he said that they were trying to figure out funding and couldn't make me any promises. 

So now I'm feeling pretty sketched out by the program with being promised one thing months ago and now being told there's no promise of anything. All the grad students I've talked to have said that they have received funding all five years and that the stipend is enough to live on. Option B has given me funding information (guaranteed for all five years) but all students have a part time job on top of their schooling responsibilities. Any insight on what I should do? Do I take the promised offer at a worse fit or do I risk needing to take out loans, work, and likely drop out from the stress at the better option?