Harvard HGSE vs. NYU Steinhardt vs. Cambridge

Hi all!

Currently panicking about where to go for my Master's in Art Education. I got in to a surprising number of schools (Harvard, NYU, Cambridge, King's College London, Art Institute of Chicago, University of Illinois, OSU) and I think I've narrowed it down to Harvard/NYU/Cambridge. Mediocre funding for Harvard and NYU, no word back on financial aid from Cambridge yet.

To me, the positive of Harvard is a very strong faculty and also... it's Harvard, but I'm not sure if a one year Master's will be enough time to fully absorb what I'd like to. NYU is social justice oriented, two years, and has a really interesting capstone component, but I'm concerned about keeping up with NYC living expenses for two years. Cambridge feels like third choice right now, but if they give me any sort of funding that will obviously be a huge consideration.

Any insight into any of these schools would be greatly appreciated, as would context on if Harvard's stature for undergrads translates at all to obtaining a MA from their school of education.

• 9 months later...

Thank you for making this thread. 

I've applied for Master's in Art Ed for 2021 to some of the institutes mentioned above (HGSE, Cambridge being my top two) I would really appreciate if you could share your experience. Which university did you finally choose and how has it been for you? Also how did the pandemic affect your learning experience?

Thanks.