Environmental Policy programs?

2shieh

Hi everyone,

I'm planning on applying to MPP programs that have an environmental policy concentration, but I'm having a difficult time narrowing down the programs. Can anyone offer any advice? I know that I'll be applying to Evans and GSPP for sure, but was wondering if there were any other programs that I should consider?

Thanks!!

2Shieh

Hi everyone,

I'm planning on applying to MPP programs that have an environmental policy concentration, but I'm having a difficult time narrowing down the programs. Can anyone offer any advice? I know that I'll be applying to Evans and GSPP for sure, but was wondering if there were any other programs that I should consider?

Thanks!!

2Shieh

I know these aren't MPPs, but what about MPAs at SPEA or SIPA and the IEPP at SAIS?

Working in the field last year, it became very clear to me that Duke Sanford/Nicholas and Indiana SPEA are the lead programs in this area. Those two programs were responsible for more than two-thirds of the research and personnel I was working with in clean tech in China. It's one of the main reasons I chose Duke.

Working in the field last year, it became very clear to me that Duke Sanford/Nicholas and Indiana SPEA are the lead programs in this area. Those two programs were responsible for more than two-thirds of the research and personnel I was working with in clean tech in China. It's one of the main reasons I chose Duke.

I agree with the recommendations on Duke and Indiana, but would also put in a strong vote for Berkeley. GSPP is quite small, but the university-wide strengths of Berkeley in the environmental sphere are very impressive. Also, GSPP offers an excellent 'core' training in policy analysis and methods. I think GSPP is probably the best all-around choice, followed closely by Duke.