Not sure if I actually have the offer or not...?

Applied to this university and they gave me an offer with stipend via email after interviewing me like 2 weeks ago. I've accepted the offer via email as well but since I still haven't uploaded one of the transcripts so they are like "Oh yes, you need to upload it so that the admission office can give your application a final review to give you an official offer." So I uploaded it and the status in the portal has changed to "complete, under review". Then yesterday the status has changed to "additional review required" and I have sent an email to the admission office and they replied me and said that "a final decision has been made and it will be released to me within the next few days." Now I'm stressing out. I thought when they sent me an offer letter from that email it meant that I had the offer? I've been going through a few pages from the stat on here and apparently a lot of people got that "additional review required" status and after a few days they were denied.

I'm also anxious because my GPA was kind of low (3.0) and my current Masters degree only gives out Pass/Fail as grades so my transcript has all the subjects listed as Pass. So I wonder if the department might have accepted me but the graduate college decided not to? There's another offer waiting for me but honestly that was like a safety school for me so I'd really want to get into this school instead. And they have been rushing me to give them an answer and today is already April 15th. 

Anyone has a similar experience? I wonder if there are a lot of cases where the department accepted you but the graduate school denied you? 

4 hours ago, andvoyages said:

apparently a lot of people got that "additional review required" status and after a few days they were denied.

I'd love to hear more about this too, it sounds pretty scary... I think you should just email your department/DGS directly and see what's up? Correct me if I'm wrong, usually there are two "decisions" for graduate admissions: the department makes the initial decision, then the graduate school of the university makes the second and final decision. I've always thought the second step involves double checking eligibility/transcripts and sort of finalize the whole thing. I guess speaking to the DGS directly would be more helpful in this situation? If they say you're admitted then there shouldn't be any problems.

26 minutes ago, jonliu said:

I'd love to hear more about this too, it sounds pretty scary... I think you should just email your department/DGS directly and see what's up? Correct me if I'm wrong, usually there are two "decisions" for graduate admissions: the department makes the initial decision, then the graduate school of the university makes the second and final decision. I've always thought the second step involves double checking eligibility/transcripts and sort of finalize the whole thing. I guess speaking to the DGS directly would be more helpful in this situation? If they say you're admitted then there shouldn't be any problems.

I was only going through the data posted on the gradcafe but I guess there might also be a lot of people who got that status ended up getting the offer and they didn't post about it on here. Or at least that's what I hoped. 

I have emailed the department and they haven't been responding but its probably because of covid19. I have also sent an email to the graduate school and they told me that they have made the decision and will be releasing the results to me within these few days. I think you're right about department making the initial decision and the graduate school making the finale one. It's just that the department has sent me the offer letter on email so I just assume it will be all smooth sailing to get the official offer from graduate school lol