SLP Post Bacc Questions

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here so I apologize for the limited knowledge, as I am just starting to dive deeper into SLP post-undergrad information.  I am graduating next month with two BA's (Psych and Communication Studies) and I am currently looking into different post-bacc programs.  I think I am interested in an online program, since I plan on doing some ABA work during this upcoming year.  I am mostly posting to look for advice of others who have completed (or are completing) an online post-bacc program.  I am overwhelmed at where to even start for the application process so I would love any help or insight into the application process and how difficult to complete the program online.  Thank you in advance to anyone who offers advice!

I did a two-semester online post-bacc at Pacific UUniversity nd definitely recommend it. You can take out federal loans because it's a "certificate program" (not all of them are), the professors were good, and it has a good assortment of classes that covers all the standard prereqs (neuro, phonetics, language development, etc). Some programs do have less common prereqs so you still might need to take one or two extra through some place like Utah State University and Eastern New Mexico University, which are your best bets for cheap one-off online prereqs. I did not have to do this for my program, just echoing what others have said.

The application for Pacific was pretty easy and it didn't take too long to hear back (maybe a couple weeks?) Fill out the FAFSA so you can get some loans if needed.

Hi - not sure where you live but Chapman’s post bacc program is amazing. It’s only 10 months so much faster than most , it’s friday nights and saturday all day, so you’re still able to work through the program. You should look into it if it’s doable for you! 

Hi! 

Just a tip, try to apply to a postbacc program where you think you will end up going for grad school. It gives you an advantage over other candidates if you apply to the same school you did your postbacc at. In other words, some universities prefer students that have been students there previously.  I'm not saying you shouldn't apply to other schools. I'm only saying it will give you an advantage. It's also great that your doing ABA. I did ABA as well, talk about this when you write your personal essay. Good luck!