This might be a longshot but...

I know this is a longshot but what does anyone think of the possibility that schools may re-visit their waitlist if those who previously accepted offers, later decline because of anxieties and/or hurdles presented by the COVID pandemic?

• 1 month later...

A bunch of schools - are - doing this. I know for one that Wharton is accepting applications right now for the MBA program (and without GMAT or GRE scores), so long as you plan to take one of those years by the end of August. Ditto with Cornel Law School as well as Duke, and Georgetown law. I’d Assume then that other schools are doing this as well.  (It’s mainly bc international students won’t be able to start in the fall, leaving like 6-10 percent of slots unexpectedly open at schools. 

This is late, so I hope you heard back by now. I think it is possible. I actually got into a school on the 17th of April, and I was offered to go to a different school around the week of May 17th. I also asked the department chair of my program about my application, but he could not answer me. This was because he lacked access to my file because they were at the institution, which he could not get to- likely because of the pandemic' leading to school closures. Don't lose hope if you have not gotten results by now. I thought I would end up considering other options prior to April 17th.