Who gets work study?

sacklunch

I got it at one school, and the other has not told me if I will get it yet. Both are private schools.

Doesn't the government distribute this? If so, shouldn't it be the same at each school?

• 2 weeks later...

To the extent of my knowledge, it's determined by the school and will depend on their level of funds. I don't think all schools participate in the federal work study program. There may or may not be a federal standard, but I think it will depend more on what the economic profile of the students attending your school is. If they have a lot of very needy applicants, they may not offer you work study or will offer you less, even if you qualify. I'm still an undergrad, and my award varies from semester to semester depending on how much they expect me to work/how much money they have, and they threaten to take it away in future semesters or reduce your award if you don't use all or most of what they award you.