Anyone here is a graduate of Wilfrid Laurier's Applied Politics MA

KK_2047

I was recently offered admission into Laurier's MA in Applied Politics in early March. Since then, I have been trying to search for tips about the program but found very little information. I graduated with a BA in political science and obtained a post-graduate certificate in Public Admin at a local college. I worked 3 years at non-profits as project coordinator and a constit assistant to a MP in my area. 

Can any current or past grad students in this program share with me some tips/insights about the program? In particular, I wish to learn more about the following. 

• Research practicum: What are the criteria for getting into the practicum? What exactly did you do at the practicum? 
  • Living Accommodations: How much on average should I expect to spend for living rental payment (for a bachelor apartment/a room with bathroom included)? 
  • Course suggestion: How helpful is the policy analysis research project in terms of getting a job related to policy analysis? Do employers take into consideration of the project you did when you apply for a position as a policy analyst? 
  • Other: anything that you wish you know before taking the program?

Any tips and insights would be helpful, thanks!! ?