Can I stay in the US currently?

I did my undergrad here in the US and will be starting my graduate studies this fall. My visa (F1) doesn't expire until 2021, and I already submitted my SEVIS transfer to the graduate school in order to receive my I-20. What I don't understand is a) Do I need to leave the States because my visa is under my undergrad school and not my graduate school (I'd rather not because of covid) ? and b) Can I use this visa to re-enter the States before it expires (as in, if I leave in June and come back in August for my program) or do I need a brand new one?

1. You can stay in the US indefinitely, as long as you are going to school/etc. Since you are going to graduate school, your visa remains valid. It will remain valid beyond 2021, as long as you are going to school. Beyond 2021, if you leave the country, you need to re-apply for a new visa. IF you don't leave the country, you can continue using your visa as long as you are going to school.

2. You can go back home and come back with the same visa, as long as it is not expired. They will demand a new I-20 when you try to enter the US, so make sure you have the new I-20 before you leave. 

contact your new international office. I left and came back with a new DS-2019 and that was fine. Didn't have a signature, because I wasn't at that school yet. They can't endorse it I believe until you actually took classes (they sign to show ur in good academic standing, but if you haven't taken classes yet, what can they do). But double check with your international office