Small School vs prestige

shadiae

Hi 

I've been accepted and plan to attend a very small PhD in biomedical science program in the state of LA, my advisor told me going here would be okay as long as I get a good post doc. Does anyone know of successful researchers who've gone to little tiny no name schools? I am interested in a project here... there are about 70 biomedical Phd students total across 8 departments..

On 5/14/2020 at 9:15 AM, shadiae said:

Hi 

I've been accepted and plan to attend a very small PhD in biomedical science program in the state of LA, my advisor told me going here would be okay as long as I get a good post doc. Does anyone know of successful researchers who've gone to little tiny no name schools? I am interested in a project here... there are about 70 biomedical Phd students total across 8 departments..

I know people who attended a tiny PhD program at a hospital in LA and got great post docs. Small programs can still have great faculty. What matters is how productive you are and how much you accomplish, not where you want. 

Congrats on getting in!