Should I accept this Graduate Assistantship?

Hi everyone! I was accepted to Montclair State University and offered a graduate assistantship position as a research assistant within the CSD department. I was offered tuition remission for 12 credits for the entire year as well as a yearly stipend of 3500 (which is not enough to live on whatsoever) for 10 hours weekly. As I was reading the handbook, it mentioned that to get an on campus part-time job, the graduate school would have to approve it...which makes me wonder if they would have to approve any part-time job (on Monday I will ask), but I am wondering if it's worth it? I could work part-time throughout the year and most likely make up the money for that they would cover for tuition and wouldn't be as cash strapped, but I am afraid of missing out on an invaluable experience working in research and networking (which isn't to say I can't do so throughout the program...) I was hoping to get some opinions/ to hear about anyone's experience as a GA!

I would say that GAs are definitely worth it! I did a 10 hour GA for 15 credit remission per year and ~$120 per week, however much that comes out to a year. My GA isn't even in my department, but I have found it very worthwhile for the tuition remission, the scheduling/flexibility, and the convenience (working on campus while (presumably, with COVID) also taking classes on campus and living nearby). I'd imagine that an in-department GA would be even better, for all of that plus the SLP-related experience. However, you'll ultimately need to weigh out the pros and cons of whether or not more money from a different job would be worth it to you. Grad programs can't actually prohibit you from getting a part-time job but they are discouraged by many programs, not in the least because, unlike a campus job, they may not be as flexible as necessary (though some jobs are much more well-suited to people from our program than others).